Saturday, January 3, 2015

L.L. Bean Scotch Plaid Shirt size XXS review

 L.L. Bean Scotch Plaid Shirt size Misses' XXS
Kennedy plaid ($39.95)

Background story: I've been obsessed with obtaining anything dark green with delicate red and yellow plaid design since I laid eyes on the James Tissot's The Warrior's Daughter painting awhile ago. I haven't found the perfect green tartan print (most have too much blue/navy in them), but these will suffice in the meantime.  

The L.L Bean Scotch plaid shirt came across my radar when I read Fast Food & Fast Fashion's review two or three months ago! I was excited as a puppy when I saw the deep green Kennedy plaid option, however almost all sizes were gone by the time I decided to purchase. I took a chance on the remaining size Misses (regular) XXS which was on backorder till January. So I finally received this shirt in the mail today and decided to do a review for anyone interested in the fit of size XXS. 

Measurement of size Misses XXS: 14" shoulder width (from seam to seam), 18" chest width (from pit to pit), 25.25" center back length, and 23" sleeve outerseam length. The regular XXS is a bit smaller and slimmer than Elle's review on size Petite XS of the Dress Stewart design. 

The Fit: I actually quite like the fit of this flannel shirt on me. I almost do not want to take this shirt off since it is so warm and cozy. I feel that this size XXS fits better than other flannel shirts I have tried in the past.

The Bad: the sleeves do look baggy, the material collects lint easily (typical of flannels though), the interfaced collar and sleeve cuff is a bit stiff, the shirt hem curls up a bit (maybe due to sloppy stitching), and the plaid print doesn't show well from far away (in photographs) as it does close-up...

Decision: I am keeping this shirt because I do love the quality, comfort, and overall fit. And it's pretty darn close to what I had in mind!




****Update 10/30/15**** 
I found an even better shirt at Uniqlo (on sale for $19.90 too).
Again, wish it had less blue, but the thin red and yellow lines are spot on to what I had in mind!
Actually, blogger Jean of Extra Petite has a Sole Society scarf that is a more perfect rendition of the Christmas-y plaid I had in mind. In fact her photo background (as seen here) even reminds me of James Tissot's The Warrior's Daughter painting with the black iron fences and dreary cold atmosphere. She must reads my fashion thoughts or living my dream world, haha! 

L.L. Bean also came out with a more Christmas-y plaid for winter 2015-16 called "Hunting MacLeod" but only available for men in flannel shirt, pajama set, and robe:

No comments: